Pages

Friday, 29 June 2012

My Dark Secret

My Girlfr








 My Girlfriend has recently added spray tanning to her business. I have always supported her in her endeavours and have had many nail treatments to allow her practice. Nails are one thing. They are easy to put on, maybe a but time consuming but OK, and more importantly easy to take off. I had no intention of letting her practice spray tanning on me. I have never gone out of my way to sun bathe and never actively sought a tan. Neither have I found tanned people more attractive than pale. So to my surprise not only did give in and get a tan I LOVE IT! A lot of people have commented and the comments have mainly been positive. I look healthier and even more awake! I still loathe myself for feeling this way but at least when I look at myself in the mirror I see a perfectly tanned face looking back. I might even top it up when it fades, in about a weeks time or so.

With this comes a danger though. This morning I looked in the mirror and thought my tan had faded already. Strangely I thought this was a problem and was discussing getting it topped up. I don't know what's come over me. In a matter of days I have gone from being happy pale to a spray tan addict. I can see a very dark future, no pun intended, surely as I get more accustomed to having golden skin the less of an effect it will have on me. Soon the complements will stop. Soon people will just be 'there goes Josh, he wears fake tan you know'. No 'Josh the tan is looking good'. All the positive feelings will drain and there is only one option to solve this...more tan and darker. 


I can see how people like Dale Winton get so orange. You don't just wake up and say 'right I want to be orange', it's a slow build up that almost goes unnoticed over years. I feel I'm in the most terrible of Greek tragedies where I can see my own destiny; a life dedicated to spray tan and there is little I can do about it. Surely I should stop whilst im a head, I've had a good run, end the problem before it starts, if you have said this you have never had a spray tan. On the other hand I shouldn't listen to the complements or care what others thought about my appearance but then I wouldn't be human. practice spray tanning on me. I have never gone out of my way to sun bathe and never actively sought a tan. Neither have I found tanned people more attractive than pale. So to my surprise not only did give in and get a tan I LOVE IT! A lot of people have commented and the comments have mainly been positive. I look healthier and even more awake! I still loathe myself for feeling this way but at least when I look at myself in the mirror I see a perfectly tanned face looking back. I might even top it up when it fades, in about a weeks time or so.

With this comes a danger though. This morning I looked in the mirror and thought my tan had faded already. Strangely I thought this was a problem and was discussing getting it topped up. I don't know what's come over me. In a matter of days I have gone from being happy pale to a spray tan addict. I can see a very dark future, no pun intended, surely as I get more accustomed to having golden skin the less of an effect it will have on me. Soon the complements will stop. Soon people will just be 'there goes Josh, he wears fake tan you know'. No 'Josh the tan is looking good'. All the positive feelings will drain and there is only one option to solve this...more tan and darker. 

I can see how people like Dale Winton get so orange. You don't just wake up and say 'right I want to be orange', it's a slow build up r


1 comment:

  1. I personally prefer you just the way you are. :)
    Although on a night out I may indulge in a tanning session im not keen on the staining and the ginger after glow a couple of days after..

    ReplyDelete